Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Tree geometry changes/flickers during animation  (Read 823 times)

ZOOM_ORBIT

Tree geometry changes/flickers during animation
« on: October 03, 2022, 01:37:33 AM »
Hello,

I am trying to do a basic camera movement animation and some of the trees in the view are changing/flickering to different species. Its like they can't decide what they want to be. Link below to see what I am talking about.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vaOSody5pbiNuS6bM28KeTiqMNG8YJ2M?usp=sharing

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Tree geometry changes/flickers during animation
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 08:41:52 AM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. Might be, you are using the Camera > Distance Falloff feature? When rendering "walk-through" animations, this feature shouldn't be used to prevent any kind of trouble. As mentioned in our online documentation:

"Be careful if you use falloffs with camera motion, because items may appear or disappear suddenly (the distance to camera changes when moving)."

If so, disabling it should fix it.

If that's not the case, I would suggest you try to switch to the Custom Edit mode to see if there is any difference. Optionally, please feel free to do a quick test using Forest Tools and export all scattered geometry to instances. You can find it under Utilities - More ... - Forest Tools. This way you can check whether the problem happens during Forest object conversion or not.

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share with us.

Best regards,

RealViz

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 11:26:12 AM »
Do you have the same FP versions on your renderfarm? Also of course try Michal Karmazín's tips.
Otherwise, even with Distance Falloff, don't really use it. Just regular "Limit Visibility" with enough "Back Offset" is enough, but not for trees only for grass. For trees then of course the trees may not be visible in the reflections.

ZOOM_ORBIT

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2022, 03:10:43 PM »
Hi and thank you for the replies. I will try these out and report back.

ZOOM_ORBIT

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 04:54:06 PM »
Hello,

After testing, I can confirm that switching to custom edit mode has solved the issue - so thanks again, much appreciated!