Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Crash  (Read 4324 times)

NK4773

Crash
« on: July 16, 2012, 11:29:16 PM »
I am using max 2013 and just updated to the newest version of forestpro and catalog. I added some trees to a poly surface and then added a poly object exclude to remove some trees along a road. Max proceeded to crash and has continued to crash each time after.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Crash
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 12:38:04 AM »

Please send us the minidump file that Max generates after crashing. You can get it clicking "View report details->View report contents", checking the path of the "3dsmax_minidump.dmp" file and making a copy of it, before closing the 3ds Max Error Report window.

If you have a test scene that we can use to reproduce the problem, it would be very helpful as well.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

NK4773

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 08:48:18 PM »
I am having trouble getting the file to attach due to its size. I will send via email.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 08:52:00 PM by NK4773 »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »

Thanks, we got the file.

Checking the minidump, the problem seem to be related with the poly object used as exclude area. By some reason, it is not valid for Forest and crashes the plugin.

Please, send us a test scene including that object so we can reproduce the problem here. You can send us the files by e-mail, directly or uploading it to some sharing web service (Dropbox or similar).

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

NK4773

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 07:27:54 PM »
I looked at the object and it was still a loft. converted it to a editable poly and no errors.