Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Farm tut render problem  (Read 2021 times)

SL1186

Farm tut render problem
« on: April 01, 2013, 06:50:13 AM »
I have been doing the tuts supplied here and have had good results with the channel tut. When I rendered the farm tut at the begining before I put the forest elements on it all was well. However, after I had put any forest elements as per the tut, all that would render was the base scene with no trees. I'm using the latest Vray build and Maxdesign 2013. Is there a switch to turn on the tree objects when rendering that I have missed that would cause this?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:51:59 AM by SL1186 »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Farm tut render problem
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 08:49:05 AM »

No, there is not any parameter that would create that problem.

What is the result if you open the VRay_finish2010 scene, and render it with the default settings ?

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

SL1186

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 09:12:10 AM »
Thanks for the reply.
I have tried rendering the finish scene you supply. It renders well. When I use the start file and add the background trees it doesn't render any forest trees. I only get the buildings and ground etc. This is a clean file which I didn't change any Vray options.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 10:41:36 AM »

I'm not sure what may be the problem... there is nothing special in that object. If you send us the scene (please use WeTransfer, Dropbox or similar), we would take a look to it.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

SL1186

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 12:02:55 PM »
Ok,
    I'm thinking it could be a bad download. I will give it another go downloading it. I wonder if it is the cameras, however I have tried a new camera without luck. Has anyone tried this file using the lastest Vray version and the 64bit 3ds max 2013? If I can't fix it give me a couple of days to get the file to you. Still, in the end it isn't a big issue as I can still use the file for training. By the way my graphics card is a NVIDIA® Quadro® 4000.