Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Unhandled Exception Error when rendering animated trees  (Read 3675 times)

GE4105

Unhandled Exception Error when rendering animated trees
« on: February 26, 2019, 09:40:27 PM »
In attempting to scatter tree models with FP that have been slightly animated (simple noise modifiers), I get an error message when attempting to render consecutive frames for an animation.  The message is:

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: Preparing instances
Last Marker is at ./src/vrayrender.cpp line 4130: preparing camera sampler

The error only appears when I use Forest pack to scatter the tree models with animation enabled.  I've tested scattering the tree models by hand as instances without forest pack and the scene renders fine, so it seems it's a conflict with FP.

I've attached a snippet of the error message.

3ds Max 2017
Vray Version: 3.6
FP Version:   6.1.5

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Unhandled Exception Error when rendering animated trees
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 10:25:08 AM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. Did you try any most recent V-Ray version? If possible, would you mind to send us your scene to have a look at it here? Ideally, please try to reproduce the problem with a minimal scene and send us such a scene. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

EG4043

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2019, 01:27:30 PM »
I'm getting this with FP 6.1.6 also getting hard locks and additionally the animation is seemingly a random mess of trees changing scale and position and type.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2019, 03:51:40 PM »
Hi,

These days we’ve identified and fixed a bug caused by changes introduced in the FP 6.1.5, which might be related also to this issue. Currently we’re testing the update – it should be available next week. Meanwhile, we suggest using the FP 6.1.2.

Also, there's a reported V-Ray issue related to animations, which should be already fixed in latest nightly builds. Please feel free to give it a try or contact the Chaos Group for more info.

Best regards,

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 10:04:23 AM »
We have released FP 6.1.7 with this bug fixed.

Besides this fix, there is a similar (but different) problem in V-Ray which may cause an exception rendering animated GrowFX models.
We could not confirm if it may happen also with other animated models, not GrowFX.

ChaosGroup has fixed the problem in the latest nightly builds.
If you are rendering animated models, we suggest to upgrade to the latest nigthly build of V-Ray.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software