Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Network license server  (Read 3181 times)

SL7359

• OakCorp Home
Network license server
« on: December 08, 2016, 12:16:41 PM »
 Itoo Floating license server Can allow/disallow GET a license(per S/N) by IP?
OakCorp Japan
Yuji Yamauchi
3dsMax[Latest]/Geforce GTX 1080/Windows10 Pro/ V-Ray for Max[Latest]/GrowFX[Latest]

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Network license server
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 12:28:08 PM »
Hi,

The license handling process is fully automatic (regardless of the IP address and it's not possible to allow / forbid / set the priority of any workstation) - the license is sent when needed and released to the "free & available" status when not in use - that happens shortly after closing the 3ds Max (within seconds) / scene with Forest objects (within minutes).

An option to exclude specific workstations from getting a license from the server would be by changing them temporarily to the Stand-alone mode, using "Start Menu > Itoo Software > Forest Pack Pro > Change License Mode". This way is possible to define the workstations that will use the available licenses.

Hope that helps.

Best regadrs,

SL7359

• OakCorp Home
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 05:57:33 AM »
Thank you for the advice.

But my customer needs to use a floating license by a different LAN segment.
I instructed my customer, how to lanuch a license server by different Port by segment.
Maybe, its solves a problem.
OakCorp Japan
Yuji Yamauchi
3dsMax[Latest]/Geforce GTX 1080/Windows10 Pro/ V-Ray for Max[Latest]/GrowFX[Latest]

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 09:59:13 AM »
Hi,

That's the correct way, as it would cause problems having more than one licensing service running on the same network using the same port. Just let me add, that in this case is highly recommendable to configure all clients by setting the network license to the IP address of the corresponding licensing server instead of finding it automatically.

Best regards,

SL7359

• OakCorp Home
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 08:37:48 AM »
Thanks for additional advice.

I wish to support client permission list for each product in the future.
OakCorp Japan
Yuji Yamauchi