Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Objects disappear when display mesh selected  (Read 3174 times)

MI2599

Objects disappear when display mesh selected
« on: October 24, 2016, 12:19:32 PM »
Hello.
I'm prety new to FP so maybe i'm doing something wrong.
I have 2 FP in my scene, i need to convert them to meshes. after some test i discover that i need to set the display to mesh and then convert it to mesh.
The problem is that while one ot the FP convert properly without issues, the other one (hevier in polycount) just disappear when mesh is selected in the display. I can see it in point-cloud but no in mesh.
The objects scatteres at first where Vrayproxys, i tried to show the hole mesh in the original objects and then in the FP display but they disappear, so i change the objects to meshes instead of proxy thinking this was the cause, but the problem is the same.
Please some help is welcome.
Thank you
Pablo

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Objects disappear when display mesh selected
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 12:35:38 PM »
Hi Pablo,

I would suggest you to export all distributed geometry into instances (it'll perform much better than using the Convert to Editable Mesh) by using the Forest Tools feature. You can find it under Utilities - More ... - Forest Tools. For more information about it, please feel free to check our on-line reference guide.
"... I can see it in point-cloud but no in mesh."
Sounds like, you've reached some limit(s) and you'll need to push some of them up. Currently, all scattering limits (like Distribution-]Max.Density, Display-]Max Items/Faces) can be disabled by setting these values to zero. Just take in mind, that it might lead to big performance hit.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

MI2599

Re: Objects disappear when display mesh selected
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 12:44:40 PM »
Ok,
it was the max faces limit, i didn't see it before.
Thank you for the quick answer.