Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Merge ForestPack items to new scene  (Read 2942 times)

EndlessUrbia

Merge ForestPack items to new scene
« on: May 15, 2014, 08:13:47 PM »
I am having trouble bringing it ForestPack items from one scene into another one. I am using the regular 3dsMax Import-Merge option to bring in the selected ForestPack objects (trees, grasses, bushes, boundaries) into my other scene and the objects are coming in but not visually. I can select them from the "select by name" rollout but I cannot see them or render them. I tried merging them into a black scene and still nothing works.

See attachments for screenshots of the original items to be merged in the original scene. The next attachment shows what comes in to the blank new 3dsMax scene (you might have to squint to see some boundaries and a blank ForestPack icon thing. The third attachment is the list of objects in the new scene after import.

On my merge settings I tried selecting both the "Display Influences" and "Select Influences" but still I cannot see any objects.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Merge ForestPack items to new scene
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 09:41:01 AM »
Hi,

Please double check once again that you are merging all Forest object components. As you mentioned when Display Influences and Select Influences selected in Merge window this will bring to your new scene also objects needed to rebuild the Forest object. After merge please check layer settings under Manage Layers... to see if they are not marked as hidden.

Kind regards,
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 10:24:00 AM by Michal Karmazín »