Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Using VrayMultiSubTex instead of Forest Color inside Forest Pack object  (Read 959 times)

allemyr

Hi

I had some problems after upgrading to Vray 5 were textures inside Forest Color was not render correctly there were stretched.

Can I use VrayMultSubTex inside the Forest Pack object instead and set "get ID from" to "Random by render ID"?

I see I atleast can have 20 different textures inside there and they are mapped correctly. Any more advice on this?

Thx in advance and have a good weekend.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: Using VrayMultiSubTex instead of Forest Color inside Forest Pack object
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 05:33:39 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the question. We have encountered any issues with V-Ray 5 and Forest colour. If you have a sample scene we could check it might help us to identify the issue.

Regarding your question about VrayMultSubTex , this feature is available in the Forest Pack 7 beta which is available not for users on an active maintenance plan.

"- Added support for 'Instance ID' when using VRayUVWRandomizer and VRayMultiSubTex with Forest Pack"

This won't give you quite the same features as Forest Colour of course, which allows you to randomise and tint by element as well as other advanced features.

You can see a full list of what's new here: https://forum.itoosoft.com/announcements/forest-pack-pro-7-0-0-beta-7169/

Hope that helps,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

allemyr

Re: Using VrayMultiSubTex instead of Forest Color inside Forest Pack object
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 05:44:23 PM »
I'am sorry thx for response I was too fast. It wasnt what I was thinking, it was a TriPlanarTexture before a NormalMap that caused the issue.

Thanks for advice anyway!