Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: v large surface covered in grass  (Read 4440 times)

CT3320

v large surface covered in grass
« on: September 14, 2017, 08:09:05 PM »
Hi all,
I'm new to FP Pro and trying to make a grassy mound out of a surface,
i was getting the error ""Some forest were not built correctly in the last render" but think i have that sorted by setting the fp object to spread

I have had to make a number of OBJECT Types> ForestPro so I can use a number of library grasses,

Q. unless i am mistaking I need to make multiple ForestPro OBJECTS and set them to various 'spreads' as 'full' was giving me the error as mentioned above? Does this make sense,
Thnx

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Re: v large surface covered in grass
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 11:05:33 AM »
Hi!

Thanks for contacting us. Forest Pack creates natives instances in the render engine for each scattered object. Although the process is fast and efficient, it consumes more memory if the total number of objects is excessive. For large areas we recommend creating patches of grass rather than individual plants. The Realistic Grass  tutorial will help to explain this, It's a bit old now, but the principles still apply.

If you're using our built in presets you'll see there are 2 versions for each: Detail and Field. Make sure you choose the latter if you're scattering on large areas, these use the same "patch" principle

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Many Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software