Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

Very long rendering start. All this time running "loading bitmaps "

(1/1)

RG2182:
Hello. I was wondering if you could tell me. It takes a very long time to start the renderer (V-ray). After pressing the render button, it takes about 5 minutes until the light cache is considered. In the status window all this time running "loading bitmaps" . And this is on different scenes and projects. If you remove all the objects Forest Paсk (do not disable, namely remove all Forest in the scene), then starts almost immediately. If you remove foreground packs gradually - the time of loading bitmaps - decreases. And this on two different work computers. I reinstalled the system and all the software. This did not help. Tried several versions of v-ray 5 and several versions of forest pack 7.1.2, 7.3.0 and now 7.4.0. Same result. What can it be? Thank you.

Michal Karmazín:
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. Are you able to reproduce this behavior rendering locally / using network rendering or with distributed rendering? Any additional info is welcome.

Would you mind doing a quick test using Forest Tools and exporting all items into instances? You can find it under Utilities - More ... - Forest Tools. For more information about it, check our online reference guide. This way you can check whether the problem happens during Forest object conversion or not.

Thanks in advance for any further comments on this issue you can share about it with us / our user community (in case some user(s) will run into similar troubles).

Best regards,

iToo:
Hi, this is a known V-Ray issue. It's solved in V-Ray 5 update 2.4 and above (5.20.24).
Currently this update is available only in the ChaosGroup nightly builds.

RG2182:

--- Quote from: iToo on May 18, 2022, 08:35:36 AM ---Hi, this is a known V-Ray issue. It's solved in V-Ray 5 update 2.4 and above (5.20.24).
Currently this update is available only in the ChaosGroup nightly builds.

--- End quote ---

Thank you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version