Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: VPN-License lost causing 3dsmax to crash  (Read 793 times)

JG_archviz

• JG
VPN-License lost causing 3dsmax to crash
« on: May 04, 2021, 01:45:01 PM »
Hello, due to corona-work-from-home reasons, I currently access the Forrestpack and Railclone-Licenses via VPN from my companies-license server.
I experienced, that sometimes - usually with super-heavy-scenes (700mb+) - 3dsmax (2020 in my case) crashes but at least saves a recovery-file in autoback.
While figuring out the crashed, it appears, that it might be related to a lost connection via open-vpn.
Since there is nothing else accessing network locations from the vpn-connected server, except the itoo-licenses, I might suspect its related to forrestpack or railclone.

Currently I'm using the latest versions of forrestpack and railclone.
If its related to those plugins, it would be great to have some warning in advance, to reestablish the connection, as sometimes i don't realize the connection is lost unless 3dsmax crashes.

Rokas

Re: VPN-License lost causing 3dsmax to crash
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 01:48:13 PM »
Hi. That seems unlikely, but it would help us to get a crash minidump to investigate crash cause.
When it happens for You again please send us the minidump.
Only this way we can identify(and fix) the issue.
Rokas

JG_archviz

• JG
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 02:27:46 PM »
Well i didn't created a 3dsmax dump report, but found the automatic created dump.file in appdata/local/temp
There was minidump timely matching one for OpenVPN as well. So i'm not sure which one was the cause exactly.

In case you need more information or that minidump is not helpful, let me know.

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 02:31:39 PM »
Thanks for minidump. I dont see what is causing it but it does not look like our plugins.
Rokas

JG_archviz

• JG
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 02:38:56 PM »
ok.. well it was the first thing, i thought of... because of timely issues with max and openvpn.
maybe its something else ... but the windows event-dialog shows, that the openvpn is having an application error (for whatever reason)...

So i thought this was pulling max down too.