Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Error on Material Override  (Read 1051 times)

grue

Error on Material Override
« on: April 03, 2023, 08:37:46 PM »
FP 8.0.6 and Vray 6.1004

When I create anything from the Library, Layered Lawn for example, I get an error "Error on Material Override"  however it seems to render just fine.

I can't render, however, any of the cut hedges i've tried.  i get the same error, but not even any previews in the viewport (mesh/proxy/point-cloud). 

so maybe these are two separate issues b/c the layered lawns work?

thanks,

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Error on Material Override
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2023, 08:58:29 AM »
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear, you are facing trouble with it.  Please, proceed with the following:
  • Delete ForestQtCatalog.dll and ForestQt.dll files from the 3ds max root folder (by default C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2022).
  • Reinstall the plug-in (it shouldn‘t be needed, but it‘s recommendable).
That should fix it. I hope that helps and please let us know if that's all working fine or if you are still facing troubles with it. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
« Last Edit: April 04, 2023, 10:16:16 AM by iToo »

grue

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 08:55:01 PM »
thanks! i will try this as soon as time permits... hopefuly this afternoon or tomorrow.  will report back.

grue

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2023, 05:24:22 PM »
hello.  ok i tested this morning and got the error, but i then updated to version 820 instead of trying this fix.  after updating, i searched for this .dll but could not find it in the default location or in the program files folder at all.  so then i checked to see if i still got the error and low and behold, no error :)

thanks!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2023, 08:39:38 AM »
hello.  ok i tested this morning and got the error, but i then updated to version 820 instead of trying this fix.  after updating, i searched for this .dll but could not find it in the default location or in the program files folder at all.  so then i checked to see if i still got the error and low and behold, no error :)

We added a check in Forest 8.2.0 and RailClone 5.3.0, to remove these DLLs automatically from the installer.
So this problem should not happen again.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software