Forest Pack > Forest Pro (*)

Vray+Forest Pro Problem

(1/2) > >>

Chris:
Hi all,

I'm fairly new to using forest pro (which is an awesome plugin btw) and I am having a problem with the billboard trees rendering correctly.  I've looked through these forums and it seems getting the trees to work with vray is one of the most common problems but I can't find anything specifc to my problem.

I found this thread - http://www.itoosoft.com/forum/index.php?topic=192.0 which shows how the trees should look.  So I downloaded the max file, rendered it here and got the attached.  Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong, or what I can change?

I'm using Max2010 and Vray 1.50.SP3a

Thanks

iToo:
Hi,

That sample scene have the bitmap output to 5, i don't remember exactly why. Perhaps to solve some old issue in previous versions of Forest.

Set the output value to 1, and render it in Forest 3.3.

Chris:
Thanks alot, that solved the problem for that particular problem.

I Think the issue I am having in some of my other scenes is that many of the textures are very dark.  I will have to choose carefully.  Regarding tree shadows, I have played around with the settings, preventing self shadows etc however I am still having the issue seen in the attachment.  Is there any easy way to improve the look of the trees/shadows?

P.S.  Just wanted to commend Itoo on their customer support - after browsing these forums it seems that nearly every thread is answered by an admin and generally fairly quickly so I'm glad we went with this plugin.

iToo:

--- Quote ---I have played around with the settings, preventing self shadows etc however I am still having the issue seen in the attachment.  Is there any easy way to improve the look of the trees/shadows?
--- End quote ---

What type of shadows are you using ?
If you like, upload here the scene and we'll adjust it.

--- Quote ---P.S.  Just wanted to commend Itoo on their customer support - after browsing these forums it seems that nearly every thread is answered by an admin and generally fairly quickly so I'm glad we went with this plugin.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for trust in us. We try to give the best support to our customers, because i think that the first priority for a company always must be the customer satisfaction.

Chris:
Hello,

I have attached a max test scene that I have been using to experiment.  I am still struggling to get the trees to look nice (without shadows on each plane) so if you have time to suggest any settings I could adjust it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version