Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Was this volume light render by Vray or painted in photoshop ?  (Read 1423 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Was this volume light render by Vray or painted in photoshop ?
« on: January 13, 2016, 04:40:53 AM »
Hello itoosoft,
The volume light effect in the final picture of this tutorial (http://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/tutorial_forestcolor.php) is so good. I wonder if it was render by Vray or painted in photoshop ? Was it VrayEnvironmentFog or tranditional MAX light volume effect if it was render by Vray ? How long did it take to render this Volume light pass ?

I am looking for a good method to make this volume light pass in Vray now.

Best wishes.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 04:42:38 AM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Was this volume light render by Vray or painted in photoshop ?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2016, 11:28:24 AM »
Hi,

In mentioned image "Final Image, with level adjustments, z-fog, and painted volume lights" it was archived in post-production stage (PS) as for stills it's probably the easiest & quickest way of doing it.

In case of animation, it usually worth of getting that effect directly from renderer. I would suggest you to check the official Chaos Group documentation of V-Ray for 3ds Max of the VRayEnvironmentFog feature. You might find useful also the following "Volumetric light" tutorial (there are many others covering that topic very well).

Hope that helps.

Best regards,