Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: What happens when I enable/disable an object in Forest Lister?  (Read 1297 times)

Haider of Sweden

• Portfolio
What happens when I enable/disable an object in Forest Lister?
« on: January 10, 2017, 10:41:41 AM »
Hi!

I can't find the connection between the Forest Lister enable/disable and the equivalent setting under the Modifier tab.

Also, I need to know if this value is controllable in Manage Scene State...
//Haider

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: What happens when I enable/disable an object in Forest Lister?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 11:59:28 AM »
Hi,

It corresponds to the Display - Build - Disable Object option (accessible also by maxscript $.disabled = on / $.disabled = off).

Currently, it's not recorded by the Scene Sets tool. You can see the list of all scene properties that are tracked by the State Sets feature in the following "Properties Tracked by State Sets" link. I would suggest you to use the Hide Selection instead (the Hidden property is tracked).

Best regards,

Haider of Sweden

• Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 12:07:32 PM »
Hi,

Currently, it's not recorded by the Scene Sets tool. You can see the list of all scene properties that are tracked by the State Sets feature in the following "Properties Tracked by State Sets" link. I would suggest you to use the Hide Selection instead (the Hidden property is tracked).

Best regards,

Thank you very much. I thought looked everywhere :)

Regarding the hidden property: is there any performance difference if its hidden or disabled?
//Haider

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:35:15 PM »
Hi,

There shouldn't be any notable performance hit - unless the(se) Forest object(s) are used by other objects to perform any action (like being used as Exclude Area by another FP object(s), but Disabling such Object(s) would affect also the distribution).

Best regards,