Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Why it took very very very long time in "Transforming vertices" ?  (Read 7105 times)

cc8boy

• I'll do my best.Welcome to www.c7design.cn .
    • C7design
Why it took very very very long time in "Transforming vertices" ?
« on: September 12, 2014, 12:12:34 PM »
I was rendering a garden with 5 kinds of trees (about 400000 polygons per tree) in xmesh format. The the most densely sample is the Grass object. I set the random samples of animation default.
Why it took very very very long time in Transforming vertices ? It took about 3 to 4 minute on "Transforming vertices" stage before render. Is it normal ?
How to make the time of this stage as short as possible ?

Another problem is: It took very long time to save the scene after I add 4 or 5 forest objects. It took about 1 to 2 minutes to save the scene. The scene file was just 55MB size. And I didn't add other things except forest objects recently. Why?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 12:29:40 PM by cc8boy »
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Why it took very very very long time in "Transforming vertices" ?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 01:42:03 PM »
Hi,

Would you please send us your scene to support@itoosoft.com, so we can check it? For large files, please use a web sharing service as WeTransfer. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 02:02:43 PM »
I'm afraid that I can't send the scene to you. It's a real scene of my actual work. Can you explain what the Forest pro pack doing during  "Transforming vertices" ? It seems the whole MAX window is frozen during the "Transforming vertices".
We are working hard in virtual effects in 3DSMAX. Welcome to our website in China.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 06:18:24 PM »
Hi,

During the "Transforming Vertices" stage the render engine (in your case V-Ray) is evaluating final vertex positions and the final mesh before rendering.

As in this process are involved all used plug-ins, modifiers and render engine settings it's hard to say without checking the scene what could cause this performance issue.

I suggest you to try to "isolate" the object causing this behaviour. As I mentioned before, it's really hard to say what's causing it without knowing more details. Thanks for your comprehension.

Kind regards,

cc8boy

• C7design
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 06:54:54 PM »
I found if I disable all the animations of my forest pro objects.  "Transforming vertices" would be much much faster.
I can't send you the scene now, because it's not only the scene file. The xmesh files are super large . 5 trees including wind animations are almost 10GB large.
But the speed of rendering is normal whether I turn on the animations. Only the "Transforming vertices" stage is slow.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2014, 09:42:54 AM »
In that case, i think the process of generate animation samples the culprit: In this stage, Forest gets one mesh for each animation sample and XMesh object, convert to VRay format and send them to the engine.
I'll take a look to the code, but i guess there is not much we can do about that, processing time depends basically of XMesh and VRay.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software