Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Offset animation  (Read 2599 times)

QH1960

Offset animation
« on: September 06, 2012, 12:48:48 AM »
Hi,

I would like to use animated trees with Forest Pro but i don't understand the animation parameters that would allow to offset the animation.

I have a vrayproxy containing an animated trees with 150 frames. I would like to scatter those trees but with all the trees not having the same exact movement.
So i would like either to specify an offset for each tree, or that this offset is chosen randomly.
But that being said, i need of course that each tree is playing his timeline sequentially (not randomly).

For example :
Max Frame 0 : Tree 1 is showing it's frame 15, tree 2 is showing its frame 23, etc.
Max Frame 1 : Tree 1 is showing it's frame 16, tree 2 is showing its frame 24, etc.
Max Frame 2 : Tree 1 is showing it's frame 17, tree 2 is showing its frame 25, etc.
etc.

Is this possible ?

Thanks a lot !

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Offset animation
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »
Yes, Forest works exactly in that way:

1) It creates several sequences of animation. The number of sequences is defined by Samples->Count.
2) Each sequence is displaced along the time according the Samples->Time Offset value.
3) One of the sequences is assigned randomly to each item.

For example, Samples=4, Time=10 (using frames as unit-time), will take four mesh samples at frames 0, 10, 20, 30 (at animation frame 0). At frame 1, it will take samples at 1, 11, 21, 31 and so.

The behaviour when the animation limit is reached (for example, frame 25 in a proxy with only 24 frames), depends exclusively of the custom object. For example, in a VRay proxy the "Playback" parameter (loop, ping-pong...) is used. For a Max animated object (as a GrowFX tree), the animation would be continuous, depending of its animation track.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

QH1960

Re: Offset animation
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2012, 05:07:15 PM »
Thank you !
Exactly what i needed, works great !