Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Working Home  (Read 3565 times)

OH9242

Working Home
« on: December 23, 2014, 10:53:44 PM »
So I have one network license at my office installed on 1 desktop computer that is in the network with another 3 desktop computers. All works ok. Now in December, in vacation, I want to use forestpack on my my home computer. I wonder if it is possible. The server computer from my office is on, and my office has in fixed IP from the internet provider. Is there any chance that my home computer can use the licence from the office?

What are the steps to make things happen?

Thank you.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Working Home
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 08:51:19 AM »
Yes, configuring the firewall/router in the office, you would use the Network license from home. The License Server uses port TCP 16720.
Ideally the server should accessible by a secure VPN connection, but it's not necessary.

Once configured, just set Network License mode in your home computer, but specifying the IP of the server instead automatic mode.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

OH9242

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 10:25:32 PM »
thank you. It worked :)

GThib

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 07:21:52 AM »
Yes, configuring the firewall/router in the office, you would use the Network license from home. The License Server uses port TCP 16720.
Ideally the server should accessible by a secure VPN connection, but it's not necessary.

Once configured, just set Network License mode in your home computer, but specifying the IP of the server instead automatic mode.

Greetings,

I have just installed a network licence and chosen the first option ( recommended).

I would like to change it for the second one giving a server IP and a port number.
Is it possible make changes without reinstalling the license server, especially if we are limited to five attempts.

Thank you in advance with my best regards

Rokas

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 08:17:10 AM »
Hi,
Sure You can:
Start -> Programs -> iToo Software -> Forest Pack Pro -> Change License Mode

Once You reach limit of 5, please contact us and we will add more.
Rokas

GThib

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 05:08:26 PM »
Oh, thank you.

Mea culpa.
I should have looked there before bothering you.

Best regards