Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Xref scenes, loaded with Forest inside  (Read 6110 times)

3DG

Xref scenes, loaded with Forest inside
« on: September 17, 2016, 10:00:17 PM »
Hi people, I'm trying to use xref scene inside a big project.

First of all I created a working area of the project then I saved it in .max file (with polygons and forest over); after that I created a bigger empty scene where I want to import various "xref scenes" containing the single parts; BUT when I import any "xref scene" as planned, the forest objects seem to have lost the link to the custom object used (Forest presets, or xref models previously charged from library).

I'm working in local with Max 2016 and Forest 5.1.0.

Do you have some hints?

Thanks a lot!

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Xref scenes, loaded with Forest inside
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:07:14 AM »
Hi,

Well, this kind of set-up should work without any troubles (no matter if you're using the 3D Objects creation - Merge into scene / XRef to library in the referenced scene) and upon our internal tests (on 3ds max 2016 SP3 & Forest Pack Pro 5.1.0) all seem to behave correctly.

Would you mind to send us your scenes to have a look at them here? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

EH4345

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 03:00:58 PM »
I've the same issue here.

Did this get solved?

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 05:08:16 PM »
Hi,

We've isolated the problem and we're working on its solution. This issue is related to the "automatic clean-up process" of duplicated objects used by the Forest Pack plug-in stored in the "forest_templates" layer.

Until it'll be fixed, to avoid this kind of problems, please move in any of these scenes such object(s) under another layer - to not have duplicated names in the "forest_templates" layer which is checked during saving the scene. You can find all these imported objects under the "forest_templates" layer. By default, all objects inside of this layer are hidden and frozen. The object name will be _forest_library_*******. Any of these objects can be manipulated like any other 3ds Max's object - moved to another layer etc.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,