Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: 5.1.2 Crash to CER  (Read 704 times)

Shawn Olson

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Wall Worm
    • Wall Worm
5.1.2 Crash to CER
« on: September 08, 2016, 02:55:47 AM »
I keep getting crashes to CER with 5.1.2. I tried reinstalling 5.1.0 but it doesn't go away. Is there a process for installing an older version over a newer that needs to be followed?

If you have access to the CER files from AD, I submitted one report : CER_135875917

Right now, all I need to do to crash is create a Plane, select it and click Create > Forest Pro.

 :-[

Shawn Olson

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Wall Worm
    • Wall Worm
Re: 5.1.2 Crash to CER
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 03:19:40 AM »
I found a clue in the problem I'm having. A custom plugin I'm writing needs to manage objects merged into the scene. In my case, the error is rooted somewhere behind this:

callbacks.addScript #filePostMerge "try(::WallWormModelCache.sceneLoad sel:true)catch(print (getCurrentException()))" id:#WallWormModelCacheSceneOpenCallbackID

That method has worked in all other merging functions I've tested... so somehow my plugin and Forest aren't playing nice. So I'll have to figure it out. I'm not sure what is so special about how Forest is created that the method fails (which just checks the classes of base objects for a specific class to collect).

Michal Karmazín

  • iToo Software
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 1376
Re: 5.1.2 Crash to CER
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 10:33:43 AM »
Hi,

There are several complex processes performed during the Forest object creation (like Merge / XRef Merge library operations, forest_templates layer cleaning etc.).

It's most probably related to the merge operation from the library and your script, but unfortunately from our side we can't see more details.

Best regards,

Shawn Olson

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 67
  • Wall Worm
    • Wall Worm
Re: 5.1.2 Crash to CER
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 11:49:03 PM »
Thanks for the info.

My callback script is only checking for new objects of certain classes.

But my callback was happening at the wrong time anyway. It should have been at #filePostMergeProcess . Changing to that fixes the conflict, and is what I wanted anyway.