I have a couple of requests for FP if possible, that would make life a lot easier, mostly in the effect editor:
1. A way to add more than one effect without having to hack copy/paste code in the original (for example: having a bend by object and lean out at the same time) I'm guessing a node based editor would be pretty handy for this (maybe something based off helium or whatever)
2. remove the use of area include/excludes for certain effect and allow a different list solely for the effect. (for example, in the lean out code preset you can only use include/exclude list objects.. this fails when you already have include/exclude areas just to create the FP areas.. they automatically affect the thing you were trying to do)
2a. I'll give an example of how this fails: I have a plane, with FP on it, I add an exclude area around a house. Now I want to mimic ground getting blown apart, so I have animated splines moving outwards in a circle with the lean out effect added. while that works fine, you get your expanding cleared area, the original exclude area also affects this. The result is no the original exclude area has the same lean out values attached to it. The reason I think it'd be nice to have a standalone effect only list for selecting things is it wont affect the original forest setup at all, it'll just change what you have in the list.
3. the ability to have the spline based effect have a z-axis falloff. I know we have the object based effector, but its based on pivot, nothing more, but it DOES allow for a z-height falloff as well as a distance around the pivot..but you can't have more than one
Basically I'm trying to do a shockwave style effect and it has to show up as the object gets near ground.. With object mode it works, but its a radial pattern, with spline it also works, AND you get the shape you want for it (say a boomerang shape) BUT its either on or off pretty much, no vertical falloff.
4. multiple object affecting FPobject rotations at same time using a mesh object like the spline ones can (I'm sure its possible, but I tried a number of things and it seems to use the first objects pivot as a base no matter what. (for example I have a plane of grass, 2 spheres. I want to flatten the grass around spheres, so I clone the code, change the variable names so there's no duplicates, and it DOES work, but sphereB will apply its effect based of sphereA's pivot, not its own. I personally think we just need a multiselect list for the editor..
5. a way to add animated noise to things like wiggle amounts in some of the effects (unless there's a way to do it already ).. it would be a super cheap way to get wind on stuff without having to do crazy things like pre-animate objects and cache them then use maps to drive that..
6. easy ways to clone effects and the things they require between FP objects. For example, I have 30 FP objects for a shot right now, and i do the testing on one thing, now I have to spend a day putting it on the rest, punch in the values, etc and so on. (I know you can export a preset, but for some reason I cant use a negative number for a starting value for some of the things, plus it doesnt grab the objects that I used in the other effect)
7. easier way to clone things into area include/exclude between FP objects. I'd like to ad 20 spline excludes to 30 FP objects and have them set to exclude by default..(in fact keep whatever they were selected from the source FP object would be more awesome) like a copy paste option for areas.
8, a map node for effects. Basically instead of spline or object, a map could be used. that would be awesome as well
Again, for me its mostly quality of life things, but I'm sure they'd help a lot of folks..
I also have to say I'm VERY happy that we have these effect rollouts now, its come in VERY handy