Other boards > General - Off Topic

5.000.000.000.000 and VRayScatter

<< < (2/2)

Evgen3d:
Hello. Thanks for anser and opening forum.
Well, in mentalRay no problem to render 60.000 mrProxyes:
You must disable "Scanline" checkbox,
set BSP2 and set "Use placeholder objects"  ;)
Low memory and gigantic landscapes are welcome)

Itoo, I would like to give you some tips for ability render mrProxyes:
Would be nice, if forest simply copy (as instance)  in memory custom mrProxy object without copying it in scene - only before rendering. In this case we will have 1 forest object and 1 mrproxy tree in scene. As you know - very big problem in 3dsmax is saving thousand instances in scene - *.max file are very heavy in this case, so just simple pre-render copying can very help.

iToo:

Thanks for the info !  I was already using "BSP2" and "placeholder objects" on my tests, but i didn't know that "Scanline" also must be disabled. Now large renders with mrProxies is working as intended.  ;D

I've attached a sample image from a scene that i just created. It uses trees of 1 million polygons, converted to mrProxy, scattered with Forest and converted to instances using Forest Tools.

--- Quote ---Would be nice, if forest simply copy (as instance)  in memory custom mrProxy object without copying it in scene - only before rendering
--- End quote ---

We are working on this. Altough we have improved the creation of instances in 3.05b, our goal is to create proxies dinamically at render time. I will post here more information as the development continues...

Evgen3d:
OO! Nice to hear! I hope we will be able to render a 500.000 mr proxyes without saving it in scene!

glorybound:
I bought vrayscatter and under my vista 64 MAX Design 2010 64 it doesn't work.  I get no support either and I am very unhappy with it.  The Forest Lite does everything I need flawlessly.

88forest:

--- Quote from: glorybound on August 12, 2009, 07:06:21 PM ---I bought vrayscatter and under my vista 64 MAX Design 2010 64 it doesn't work.  I get no support either and I am very unhappy with it.  The Forest Lite does everything I need flawlessly.

--- End quote ---

would U like to sell ur vrayscatter to me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version