Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest Pro to Forest Lite  (Read 9892 times)

DIMITRIS

Forest Pro to Forest Lite
« on: February 06, 2010, 09:11:57 AM »
I have a PC where I make all my modeling and a licence of FPPro... I would like to be able to render to another PC because I need the first to continue my work...
The question is ... If I have FPPro and try to open a scene with FPLite, will everything be ok? Could I work with the forest objects? If not, will FPLite understand 100% the forest objects of FPPro and render them OK?
I will sign it only if it is a piece of art!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Forest Pro to Forest Lite
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 09:49:19 AM »

You can open a Forest Pro scene with Forest Lite, but all Pro parameters will be disabled (as surfaces), so you won't get the same render result.

The best option is to use a Network license instead a Standalone. This way you can install Forest Pro and use it from any workstation, since the license only need to be activated in the server. As server you can use any windows computer, with the only requirement that it's turned on while Forest is used.

If you are interested in changing your license to Network, please send us an email.

As alternative, you can configure a Backburner server in the other PC and use it as render node, sending the jobs from your main workstation. Forest Pro doesn't require any license when used in render nodes. There is a specific install option for render farms in the setup program.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software