Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: new Autodesk licensing storm and how does it make iToo feel  (Read 7180 times)

lukx

• lukxCGI
new Autodesk licensing storm and how does it make iToo feel
« on: March 08, 2017, 06:37:55 PM »
I'm sure you iToo guys are aware of recent Autodesk licensing topic. https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/moving-to-subscription/buh-bye-permanent-license/td-p/6916387

Do you have any plans for making your plugins for other software (I really love your plugins and if things keep on going down the spiral like they do, your plugins will the the ones I miss the most form 3dsmax).

Really curious on if it worries you guys a bit what's going on.

iToo Marketing

• iToo Software
Re: new Autodesk licensing storm and how does it make iToo feel
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 05:31:08 PM »
hi, we can confirm that developing for other modelling platforms is a part of a long term strategy. We are looking into ways in the future to port our software to other platforms, but this will not happen soon. We're a relatively small company with finite resources, and the complexity of our software would represent a huge development effort that also implies collaboration with 3rd parties. Meanwhile we're watching the events and restlessness surrounding Autodesk's announcements with concern, but also with the hope that everything will return to some kind of status quo. We kindly appreciate your confidence and interest in our brand.

Regards,
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 05:33:50 PM by iToo »
iToosoft Marketing
marketing@itoosoft.com