Other boards > General - Off Topic

offset texture animation?

(1/3) > >>

ldotchops:
Hi,

I am interested in buying forest pack if it can do this specific thing. I notice it has some good animation tools where you can offset the animation. but i don't know if it can offset texture animation too? for example, i have a blend texture that reveals a light material underneath, will it also offfset the gradient that reveals it?

Thanks

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

Thanks for the question. I'm afraid at present that Forest Pack's animation offset tools affect only the geometry. Animated maps remain synced to the timeline. There might be other ways to do it though, for example, by animating the UVWs of an object to move the gradient. The attached file shows this process (and should work with Forest Pack Lite)

I hope that helps,
Paul

ldotchops:
Thank you for this. So would it be possible to drive the timing of forest pack with a second gradient? Perhaps radially outwards and have the blend animation start from that gradient?

ldotchops:
I was testing this but when using the from map option on a friends computer, it seems to offset them in the viewport but not in the render. is forest pack fully compatable with redshift?

Paul Roberts:
Hi,

Apologies, I didn't realise you are using Redshift. I'm afraid these features aren't supported for that renderer at present. Redshift is one of several renderers over which we don't have direct control of Forest Pack support. Instead, we provide an API that the renderer developers can use to add support for our plugins. You can see a list of the features supported by each renderer in our documentation. https://docs.itoosoft.com/forestpack/requirements

Best,
Paul

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version