Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Where is the default map path for Forest Pack?  (Read 9337 times)

fa2020

Where is the default map path for Forest Pack?
« on: August 30, 2019, 09:05:39 PM »
Hi,
Every time I want to import a FP element, it doesn't have any map in its material, means it's missing the map path.
I open Asset Tracking tool and insert the correct path for all the maps, one by one. It's very tedious work.
My maps are in Documents\Itoo Software\maps
Do you know where the correct and default map path is?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Where is the default map path for Forest Pack?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 09:20:21 AM »
Hi, what Forest version do you use ? Does it happen with the default libraries, or using your own libraries ?

By default, Forest 6 and above, adds all the texture paths to "Configure->Configure User Paths->External Files", so maps should be located automatically. It works in this way:

* First time Forest is used, it collects all folders with name "maps" in the Library paths (defined at Library Browser->Options).
   * These paths are added to the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro\TexturePaths.
   * In a second phase, all paths defined in "TexturePaths" are added to External Files.
   * These processes can be disabled setting "collectTexturePaths = 0" and "checkTexturePaths = 0" in forestpack.ini.

If you are using your own libraries, and they are not configured in this way, it's necessary to add the texture path manually to "External Files".

You can find forestpack.ini at "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsmax\<max version>\ENU\en-US\plugcfg".
The default libraries are stored at "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Itoo Software\Forest Pack Pro\lib".

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software