Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Time For a Blender Plugin  (Read 2111 times)

ASD+Viz

Time For a Blender Plugin
« on: November 04, 2022, 05:09:13 AM »
Well I have been a 3dsMax user for 20 Years. But I am shifting to Blender since last 4 months. I have to say I am finding Blender to be better than 3dsMax in all possible ways. The best part is Blender is Completely Node based and 3dsMax is Stack based and Now trying to be Node based. Its time for Forestpack and Railclone to be on Blender. Specially Railclone. I Would not mind paying for Railclone if I did not have to pay for 3dsMax every year.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Time For a Blender Plugin
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2022, 01:29:11 PM »
We understand the situation of users who want to move to Blender, but i'm afraid this platform is not for us. There are many limitations with their GPL license.
I know some developers solved it creating a separated app, or other tricks. But with our plugins written in C++ and multiple dependencies of external libraries, that is not a viable option.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

ASD+Viz

Re: Time For a Blender Plugin
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2022, 03:21:42 PM »
Thank you for your reply. I am aware of the C++ and Python 2 difference. My only suggestion is that Railclone  is a great idea for doing Parametric work for Archviz. So keeping the idea the same if we could have a similar plugin for Blender it would be a good sell for people who find it very difficult to justify the cost of your plugin over a software which is already very very costly. Libraries are not important in the beginning as they take time to evolve. And honestly importance of libraries differ from Region to region.