Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: UV Projection mapping through Spline  (Read 3384 times)

KO3272

UV Projection mapping through Spline
« on: May 09, 2015, 11:06:24 AM »
Hi guys,

It's been years I'm trying to figure a way to projection map UV through splines, but I don't think it exist.
I just wanted to double check as this would literally change my way of working.

This is a example of what I would like to achieve, to do so, I had to draw the map in PS and redraw the splines in max, but the idea is to have the black driving by the splines dynamically.

Because this would be spline driver, like procedural maps, it would not be capped to any map resolution.

Is something like this possible?

I know you guys do something similar inside FFP.
Would it be possible to have something similar that would be a map or a modifier to drive mat ids from a multi sub mat on a object?

Thanks
Stan

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: UV Projection mapping through Spline
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 09:04:06 AM »
Hi, possibly it could be done, but i'm afraid none of the current Forest features performs this process.
Area splines are not converted to bitmap, but evaluated directly for the boundary checking. On the other hand, area objects generate a bitmap, but using a geometry as source, not a spline.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

KO3272

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 01:06:31 PM »
My goal is to driver maps like roads lines, roads, foothpaths, etc that are on top of already existing geo (poly or RC) through splines. It's ok it I need to add a edit poly on top though.
But I'd like to be able to draw all that in plan view and that my masks are driven from there and applied on the geo underneath.

Does that make sense?
Would something like this be possible?

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 09:17:10 AM »
Yes, as far as we know, there is not any plugin to do that. I suppose it could be developed, but as completely new product.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software