Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Octane Render - Issue with Flowers  (Read 12243 times)

BKE

Octane Render - Issue with Flowers
« on: May 06, 2013, 04:59:02 AM »
Octane Render converts trees, grass & bushes to Octane materials flawlessly. However, the flowers do not convert. Does anyone know why?   ???  Thanks!

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Octane Render - Issue with Flowers
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 08:58:23 AM »

Some libraries as HQ Plants 1 & 2 or Presets, include Standard materials, which are easily converted to Octane. This is also the default selection of the Library Browser, when used in "Automatic" mode and the render engine is not recognized.  Instead, HD Flowers includes only VRay and Mental Ray materials.

You would try to change manually the library material selector, from Automatic to VRay or Mental Ray, to see if there is some difference. In any case, the result depends of how Octane converts these type of materials.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Jorgensen

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 08:36:34 AM »
Hi

Because I find that hq plants are great and works perfectly with Octane Render, I just purchased the HQ FLowers 2.

Now I have the same problem as BKE - is there a way to fix this or can I cancel my order. As it is now I can't use the product :-/

Selecting Vray materials on import does not help :-/

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 08:52:38 AM by Jorgensen »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:01:36 AM »
Unfortunately HQ Flowers 2 include only materials for Mental Ray and VRay, but not for Scanline which are optimal for the Octane material converter.

I'm afraid there is not a solution for that. To request a refund, you should contact directly with 3D Mentor. All plant libraries we resell in our website are from third-party companies, we cannot cancel or modify their orders.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Jorgensen

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 10:42:07 AM »
Hi Carlos

I have contacted both otoy/octane and 3d mentor in the search for a solution.

Thanks
Jorgensen