Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: HD Trees 8  (Read 22512 times)

KN1823

HD Trees 8
« on: July 08, 2016, 04:24:32 AM »
Hi,

We have just purchased HD Trees 4 & HD Trees 8 and are having trouble getting it to find the MAX files etc for HD Trees 8. I have managed to get a folder created with the thumbnails etc which is referencing to the default c: drive location. The MAX files etc however are stored on our server and it does not come up with the select installation path to allow the trees to be re-pathed to our server. When we add a HD tree it comes up and says can't find max file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Itoo Software\HQ Plants Catalog\lib\HDTrees 8\3d_models____.max. I have even gone into the registry and added a path to the server location of the HD trees but it is still looking for the c: drive location. The HD Trees 4 is working fine and when we went to add one of these plants it asked for the select installation path.
Would not updating the HQ Catalog add-on to included these new libraries not make this installation easier as we have not had any problems with any of the other libraries we have purchased.

Thanks

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: HD Trees 8
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 01:10:01 PM »
Hi,

I can confirm, we have plans to add support for HD Trees 7 & 8 to our HQ Catalog add-on (these aren't included in the latest HQ Catalog 1.6.0 release). There is no an estimated date, but we'll try to update it as soon as possible.

Anyway, you should have all necessary files included in the package. If you can see 3d_models, maps & previews folders and index.xml, hqcatalog.ms, hdtrees_8_*_materials.mat files, the only thing you need to do is to map it easily using the Library Browser's interface. Under File - Preferences ... you'll find Library Paths section. By the Add... button you should add the parent folder of these libraries.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,

suppenhuhn

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 12:04:15 PM »
Sorry for warming up this thread - but got a system crash and have to setup all again. But this Library Browser workflow doesn't work. After i added the paths i see HD 7 + 8 in the Library Browser but the folders are all empty when select the library. See attached screenshot
iToo has probably the best support & community i know !!

I'm using it with Max 2019 & Vray 6

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 12:58:10 PM »
Hi,

Under Library Browser's File - Preferences... you'll find the Library Paths section. Here by Add... button add the parent folder hosting that library folder. In case of having 3d_models, maps & previews folders and index.xml, hqcatalog.ms, hdtrees_8_*_materials.mat files under for example "...\HQPLANTS\HDTrees_8" you should add the "..\HQPLANTS" path.

Best regards,

suppenhuhn

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 09:04:23 AM »
Thank you! :) Sorry - the king is who can read :/

suppenhuhn

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 11:36:54 AM »
Sorry for boiling up this old thread. But i got trouble with this HD Tree 8 Library, again.

Now when trying to open it, I got following error message:

Error parsing XML: unexpected end of data

Why is this Library always causing troubles ?!? I didn't delete anything, didn't change any path - nothing!

Rokas

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 11:42:23 AM »
It's probably badly formatted XML with some illegal characters. Maybe some russian letters.
Rokas

suppenhuhn

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 11:58:39 AM »
Strange - because it used to work ??
Within each <item> node there is multiple <name> children ( english / latin / russian )

suppenhuhn

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 12:00:19 PM »
think i got the problem -> theres an strange child-element of each item:
<family/>

..no it wasn't  :-\

May you find what's wrong ? Should i attach it ?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 12:11:45 PM by suppenhuhn »

Rokas

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 01:36:36 PM »
I have deleted russian names. I don't have this library and can't check if it is working.
Rokas

suppenhuhn

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2020, 12:32:47 PM »
Awesome thank you!!
But still wondering why it used to work ?!? Anyway thanks  8)