Other boards > Third party products

HQ Grass - Error loading library

(1/3) > >>

FK3735:
Hi

Installing HQ Plants 1 and 2 works, but after installing HQ Grass I get an error every time I try to load a grass item:
"Error loading library"
"Can't find max file "...\Forestpro\HQgrass\models-vray\models-vray\vray-models-bedstraw-01.max""

It can't be found because the directory doesn't exist, but that's not where I told it to look when I first installed it. There's one "\models-vray\" not 2.

I fixed this issue by actually making an extra folder to match the path.

But when I installed the latest update to Forest Pack I got the problem again, except this time it looks for 3 "\models-vray\".

I can't keep making directories every time I install an update, so I was wondering if you guys could have a look at what might be wrong?

iToo:

Did you install the HQ Grass files within the folder of Forest Pro ? That would be the problem, because this folder is rewritten by the Forest updates.

Please, try this:

1) Unzip the HQ libraries in any folder, not related with Forest. For example: C:\libs\HQ Grass.
2) Reinstall HQ Catalog. That will reset the paths configuration.
3) Open the catalog, and select the HQ library folder when Forest request it.

FK3735:
Hi

I did install the HQ Catalog program in the iToo Software folder in programfiles, as this was default.

I have now installed it in a separate location, so next update won't remove my settings from HQ Catalog, hopefully.

However, the problem still persists. I have placed all models on a network drive, separate from the installation path of the programs(Easier for everyone at the office to find the files at the same place).
When I choose installation path of HQGrass, I have to choose the folder that's named "models-vray" inside "HQ grass" folder for it to accept. But then I get the problem I tried to describe:

"Error loading library"
"Can't find max file "\\...\HQ grass\models-vray\models-vray\vray-models-bedstraw.max"

Even though I just told it that the models was in "\\...\HQ grass\models-vray\"

The only fix I could make up, was to actually make another "models-vray" folder. But as it stands now, after a few re-installs, I have 4 of these folders.

I think there might be something about the installation of HQ grass, that's not present for HQ plants 1 & 2, because they work perfectly.

The only difference between the catalogs on our network drive, is that HQ Grass is named "HQ grass" and HQ Plants 1 & 2 is named "hq_plants_1". Maybe it doesn't work with normal spaces?

Jose:
Please tell us which version you use of 3ds Max and Forest. And, if it's the Pro version or lite.
We will study the problem.

FK3735:
Hi

We use ForestPackPro 403(The problem was present on the 402 release too), and 3ds Max 2010

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version