Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: HQ Catalog does not recognize HQ Plants  (Read 11252 times)

def-4d

HQ Catalog does not recognize HQ Plants
« on: April 09, 2012, 05:34:58 PM »
Hello,

I recently buy HQ Plants 1 but I can't use it with HQ Catalog. When I select the installation path by double clicking on a HQ Plants 1 Thumbnail, it says : " The selected directory doesn't contain HQ Plants 1 Library ". I have Forest Pack Lite 3.8.1 for now, and HQ Catalog 1.2.

Also, when I go to Customize-Configure user path-External File, the good path is already written.

Did I miss something or is it an unknown bug ?

Thank you for your time.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: HQ Catalog does not recognize HQ Plants
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:00:34 PM »

HQ Catalog searches a specific file for each HQ Plants library, to check if the path is correct. In the case of HQ Plants 1, the file is "HQ_Plants_1_matlib.mat".
Does this exist this file in the directory where you have installed the library ?

Also it's important not to change the structure of files and folders of the library, if not HQ Catalog would not work.

I suggest you try this:

- If you have modified the library, delete the full folder and unzip it again from the original file.
- Reinstall HQ Catalog 1.2.
- Run the attched .reg file. It fixes a configuration issue which may happen with Forest Lite under certain configurations.
- Run Forest and select some item in the Library Browser. It should ask the location of the library again.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

def-4d

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 08:08:19 PM »
Thank you for your quick answer !

HQ_Plants_1_matlib.mat exists in the directory, no problem for that and I didn't rename or move anything. I thought it was working good after I did what you suggested, but it remains one more problem  ;D When I want to use one of these trees, I click on "use item", the library shutdown, but nothing happen. It's like trees doesn't exist.
It's a bit destabilizing  :D

yuv

• Administrator
  • iToo Software - CEO
    • Itoo Software
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 08:13:01 PM »
Can you check check if there is some error or message in the maxcript listener window ? This will help us to diagnose the import process.
Daniel Quintero
Itoo Software
www.itoosoft.com
daniel@itoosoft.com

def-4d

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 08:32:18 PM »
Here is the screen. I create a plane and apply forest on it. Then I go to the library and choose "Acacia 1" for exemple.

Edit : No matter how or what I do, it still doesn't working and there are no errors in maxscript listener. Weird !  :o
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:42:35 AM by def-4d »

yuv

• Administrator
  • iToo Software - CEO
    • Itoo Software
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 09:47:57 AM »
Can you merge the plants models in the scene directly from the library .max file, using the max file utils instead catalog ?

What version of 3dsmax are you using ?, We are trying to reproduce the problem without sucess.

Daniel Quintero
Itoo Software
www.itoosoft.com
daniel@itoosoft.com

def-4d

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 12:12:05 PM »
Yes I can merge plants models using max file, it's just when I want to use the library that it doesn't work. And I'm using 3dsmax 2012 64 bit.

I tried to create a new library and import plants models but I have to assign materials manually for each plant, and when I open the material editor, the path to locate every maps is wrong : for exemple, maps are located on Hard drive F which I don't have (mine is C). So I have to change it manually too for each maps if I don't want a full black trunk on my plants.
But, when I open a plant max file, everything work even if the maps's path is wrong. It changes nothing.

I always knew I was the king of crazy problems  8)

yuv

• Administrator
  • iToo Software - CEO
    • Itoo Software
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »
¿ How do you create libraries ? The library edition feature is only available on Forest Pack Pro.
Daniel Quintero
Itoo Software
www.itoosoft.com
daniel@itoosoft.com

jipassa

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 07:24:30 PM »
im sorry to interrupt... im from argentina, so excuse me if my english isn't right
i've recently downloaded the lite version and de HQ catalg
but when i tried to used the catalog, some error appeared, saying that the path wasnt right, that i should select the directory where i've installed it.

ive done it exactly as in the video at your website, but it didnt work for me

another thing... you told the other guy:
"HQ Catalog searches a specific file for each HQ Plants library, to check if the path is correct. In the case of HQ Plants 1, the file is "HQ_Plants_1_matlib.mat". Does this exist this file in the directory where you have installed the library ?"

in my case, i don't know where that file is..

Thanks.
Juan

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 07:52:34 PM »
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software