Thought I would share a image i did for a contest held by New World Digital Art.
I used Forest Pack extensively for all foliage, and people. I also used railclone to do some of the city and in particular the walls and gates.
I started out trying to be very careful with optimization in max and forest. Don't usually do large environments, so referenced the tutorials ALOT.
Over the course of the project, i ended up with 5 Xrefed scenes coming into main scene. All of the max files had forests in them.
Made good use of both generate & custom edit modes.
In the end, there are 36 forests contributing to the final image. It kind of just happened. Got out of hand, but I just love it.
Probably can't even tell at the current render size. But i may end up doing some other close up shots another time.
Would be happy to hear any general feedback.