Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Contest Entry - 'Final Descent with the City in View'  (Read 2045 times)

QK2975

Contest Entry - 'Final Descent with the City in View'
« on: July 06, 2020, 01:31:28 PM »
Hi all,

Thought I would share a image i did for a contest held by New World Digital Art.

I used Forest Pack extensively for all foliage, and people. I also used railclone to do some of the city and in particular the walls and gates.

I started out trying to be very careful with optimization in max and forest. Don't usually do large environments, so referenced the tutorials ALOT.
Over the course of the project, i ended up with 5 Xrefed scenes coming into main scene. All of the max files had forests in them.
Made good use of both generate & custom edit modes.

In the end, there are 36 forests contributing to the final image. It kind of just happened. Got out of hand, but I just love it.
Probably can't even tell at the current render size. But i may end up doing some other close up shots another time.

Would be happy to hear any general feedback.
Kind regards,
Brendan

IM3872

Re: Contest Entry - 'Final Descent with the City in View'
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2020, 01:40:07 PM »
It looks great and I like the way you approached the design.
One thing is really irritating, the two guys in the foreground look like they are answering the call of nature.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2020, 02:02:51 PM by IM3872 »

QK2975

Re: Contest Entry - 'Final Descent with the City in View'
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2020, 03:28:20 AM »
Ha Ha! Classic! Nice to see it from a different perspective. Now that you said that I can see how it could be viewed that way :D

Thanks for the feedback man.