Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Forest pack_ grass rendering issue  (Read 7508 times)

Sergiu_N

Forest pack_ grass rendering issue
« on: August 14, 2017, 03:55:43 PM »
Hi there,

I have a problem sometimes with rendering grass scattered with Forest Pack. I say "sometimes" because it doesn't happens all the time. With the same origin grass patch in some cases I get this error and some times with the same grass I don't get it. Also I get no warning message or error message. In the same scene I can have also trees scattered with Forest Pack but there is no issue with them. I attached a image with an example. I'm using Forest Pack 4.3.6 for 3ds Max. It is really frustrating. If anyone has encounter this issue or has some idea on what I can do please let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Forest pack_ grass rendering issue
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 04:00:10 PM »
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're facing these troubles. Can you please send us the problematic scene to analyse it here? Thanks in advance.

Best regadrs,

Sergiu_N

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 04:08:12 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply, unfortunately I can send the file since everything is owned by the office that I worked for, on their server and also I'm bound by a non disclosure agreement regarding any files, that is the reason why I sent only a small corner of the rendering, is the most that I'm allowed to send. What I can do is send you all the settings that I use. (V-Ray scene settings, materials used, lights settings, and Forest Pack scatter settings.

Let me know what you think.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 04:21:52 PM »
Hi, we just noticed this post was in the Off Topic board.
I'm afraid we cannot provide support from here. Please, create a new post in the Forest Pro forum.

Besides that, Forest Pack 4.3.6 is a very old version. We have fixed many issues since that release.
We suggest your upgrade to the latest version (5.4.0).

Thanks,
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

Sergiu_N

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 04:24:58 PM »
Understood

Thanks, I'll try that.