Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Creating Trimmed Hedges and Topiary tutorial - need the Max files for 3DS 2016  (Read 1395 times)

TM3598

Great tutorial guys, which I'm trying to follow on my machine.

Unfortunately, I've only just uninstalled 2017 today as it was too unreliable, so only have 3DS Max 2014 and 2016 installed.

Please can you supply the tutorial files in lower than 2017 versions ?

Many thanks.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Hi,

Apologies for that. The files were supposed to have been saved in 2014 format. I'll resave them and change the file.

Thanks for the feedback,

kind regards,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

Rokas

wall.max is still saved as 2017 which is xrefed
Rokas

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Hi Rokas,

You're right. That was probably the one causing an issue in the first place. Re-uploading a fixed versions. Thanks for spotting it.

Cheers,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

TM3598

Fantastic tutorial Paul, thanks so much guys.

A question though that is a little off topic, but I really hope you'll put me out of my misery :)

How did you create the wall splatter / broken plaster :)

It looks fantastic.

Many thanks.

Paul Roberts

• iToo Software
Hi,

Thanks for the kind words. The plaster geometry was created by taking the RayFire demo for spin. It's mainly meant for destruction effects but I thought it'd be interesting to see if it could be used for something like this too. Basically create a box slightly larger that your brick wall and then use RayFire's shatter modifier to chip away at it.

I hope that helps.

Many Thanks,

Paul
Paul Roberts
iToo Software

TM3598

You're a very clever chap Paul :)

And it's always a pleasure to watch, listen and learn from you.

Thank you for sharing how you achieved such realistic plaster- I'll polish the dust off my copy of Rayfire (and try and learn how to use that now ) :)