Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: 32 bit Glue plugin and Max 9  (Read 12274 times)

pdmedia

32 bit Glue plugin and Max 9
« on: October 31, 2006, 11:51:22 PM »
I'm trying to use the latest Glue with the trial version of Max 9 with no success at all, it crashes Max with every attempted use regardless of scene complexity. Does the software have to be authorized for the plugin to work properly? Otherwise I'm stumped, thanks for any responses.

Machine stats: Win XPPro 2002 SP2, Intel Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.4 Ghz, 2 GB Ram

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: 32 bit Glue plugin and Max 9
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 10:12:01 AM »
Hi,

I'm trying to use the latest Glue with the trial version of Max 9 with no success at all, it crashes Max with every attempted use regardless of scene complexity. Does the software have to be authorized for the plugin to work properly?

No, at least we have not included any restriction with the trial versions.

Does it work with the test scene included in the package ? The plugin runs fine for us in Max 9 32 and 64bit...
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

pdmedia

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 08:32:11 PM »
Thank you for the response. I hadn't reviewed the test file, and it does function normally there, except when I try to glue a rectangle primitive in that file, Max still crashes for me. However if I create a rectangular line object, it works fine. I now believe my problem is working with splines that are layer objects imported from AutoCAD, if I snap a new Max line object to those splines, it glues down no problem. Again thanks for a reply that I think pointed me in the right direction.

pdmedia

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 12:37:47 AM »
Unfortunately I have to post again to take back my earlier message as even Max-created splines are either causing Max to crash, or they are glued along an oblique angled axis that appears to be random. I am trying to glue to actual geological DEM terrain meshes and perhaps it's too much for the plugin, although I've never had problems like this with previous versions. I am now using shapemerge having been forced to give up on Glue.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »

Please, send us some test scene to support@itoosoft.com, i will check what is the problem.

Thanks,
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software