Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: coloredge causes crash in scanline  (Read 13307 times)

GQ4796

coloredge causes crash in scanline
« on: November 21, 2013, 07:42:37 PM »
Hi,

I just installed coloredge for 3dsmax 2013 Design, and all the time after I start using color edge 3dsmax crashes!...A few times the plugin works fine, I can assign a simple standard material with coloredge in the diffuse map or a mix with coloredge in it.....There is no logic in when it crashes....sometimes after assigning, sometimes after creating, sometimes after rendering.....Your Sample_Road.max works fine, but after a few changes in coloredge 3dsmax also crashes.....All these tryouts are in scanline....in Vray I didnt try it yet, but my workflow is first to create the whole scene in scanline and then transfer it to vray....Ps, my tryout scene is very very small, so that is is not the issue....

I used to use the plugin in 3dsmax 2010 and there were no crashes then....I use the plugin for urban scenes, it is really great, but now I don't know what do to, Please help!

Thank you
Jelte Brouwer
Visualisatiekoning

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: coloredge causes crash in scanline
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 11:50:46 AM »
I'm sorry by the problems, but ColorEdge is an old plugin and probably it requires a full rewrite.

Unfortunately at this moment we are too busy with Forest Pack and RailClone, and providing support for them. We have not resources to work in our free plugins.  :(
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

George

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 02:33:26 AM »
I know this an old topic but whatever - if you're using VRay, trying enabling "MAX-compatible ShadeContext" in your render settings->Settings tab.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2014, 08:29:49 AM »
Thanks for the tip George.
By the way, we released an update for ColorEdge some time ago. So these crashes should be fixed in the current release.
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software