Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Glue plugin New feature proposal.  (Read 10171 times)

thitapet

Glue plugin New feature proposal.
« on: April 24, 2007, 03:01:54 PM »
First of all i would like to say how much i admire your job and especially the fact that you distirbute your work for free. This shows your sense of responsibility and your dynamic presence in the field of 3d design process. I am from Greece and i studied Civil engineering and i continue studing architecture. Thus i use 3d studio max mainly for designing andvanced structure systems and computating the required geometrical data. Glue is a very useful tool especially working with sophisticated surfaces (ie 2 curvature).
I noticed though that this tool works only in a certain axis. I think (and i hope...) that it would not be difficult for you to make it work using a combination of a plane and the metacenter of an object. For example there is a cylinder and around it  some other smaller objects(ie boxes). By defining the wanting plane (xy) the smaller objects could "move" along the path (on plane parallel to xy) defined by their metacenters and the the section of the xy plane with the z axis of the cylinder. I know my english are poor and i apologise for being a little messy. I hope the image will enlight  my request.

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: Glue plugin New feature proposal.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 07:07:04 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, but unfortunately this problem goes beyond of the possibilities of Glue, because the plugin must not only to move the objects along a generic axis (that may be a interesting new feature, not very difficult to write), but also must detect the collission between the geometries. Glue works using a XY plane to place the objects, but the surface of the cylinder is not a plane.

Btw, sorry about my english too... it's not my native language because we are from Spain  ;)
Carlos Quintero
iToo Software