Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Corners on linear array  (Read 1970 times)

RG1597

Corners on linear array
« on: March 02, 2020, 04:51:18 PM »
Can someone save me a lot of time and tell me if this is at least possible? It's been a while since I used railclone and I'm out of step with the basics.

I have 3 different sized facade panels, I want to send them round a spline. Can I adaptively scale them to fit as whole objects in to the corners? My spline has a few sections of very different lengths by the way. I don't want to use a separate corner segment if possible, and I'm up to the max 3 segments anyway..

RG1597

Re: Corners on linear array
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 06:46:19 PM »
I've realised that it works as expected on addaptive with the segment plugged straight in to the array, but the randomize node screws it up. Is this a limitation of the software?

Dragan

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 07:22:47 PM »
For adaptive mode to work properly all segments should be the same on the X size. So, you could pre-prepare some combinations of window sets to be the same on X size since you are limited to the 3 segments in RC Lite.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:25:35 PM by Dragan »

RG1597

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2020, 10:36:02 AM »
Thanks, unfortunately, visually, that doesn't have the same effect as the three seperate elements. Is there a better way to to do this with RC pro?

Dragan

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 11:37:20 AM »
RC Pro is a whole new `game-level`. Not just on software capabilities but Itoo support is great. Most of the time you will get a complete solution for your problem and not just some guidelines as you get with some others.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:39:11 AM by Dragan »

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 12:00:04 PM »
Thanks, unfortunately, visually, that doesn't have the same effect as the three seperate elements. Is there a better way to to do this with RC pro?
Thank You dragan for Your words. Your posts here are very appreciated too. Happy to have such a devoted user.

If I understood requirements correctly, seems like it is possible to construct a RC style as OP wants:
Rokas

RG1597

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 06:11:49 PM »
That looks right Rokas, would that be possible with RC lite?