Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Difficult adding the texture to the pavement lining up  (Read 6775 times)

512Pixel

Difficult adding the texture to the pavement lining up
« on: January 03, 2017, 12:22:59 AM »
I am trying to add a texture to the pavement. I've created itoo lite. I am having difficulty adding the texture and lining up the pavement

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Difficult adding the texture to the pavement lining up
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 01:47:21 PM »
Hi,

That'll depend on the render engine used. By default, RailClone preserves the UV mapping of used Segments, so that should be set for all used Segments properly.

Alternatively, a simple box mapping can be applied automatically within the RailClone object, as using regular repeating segments can result in obvious tiling of the textures. To help resolve this it is possible to turn on box mapping that UVW maps across several adjacent segments according a size set in the segment's Deform > Mapping settings, so instead of using the default UV coordinates of the the individual segment, this mapping is seamlessly tiled along the full length of the RailClone object.

I should mention, that this feature is "fully supported" only in case of V-Ray render engine (as you can see in the Feature Compatibility table, for the rest of renderers it can be enabled by turning off the instancing engine).

Let me also mention, that in the latest release we've added new very powerful Operator - UVW XForm. I would suggest you to check our tightly related "Mapping Tiles and Bricks" tutorial. Hope you'll find it useful.

Best regards,