Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: I going crazy with my roof problem  (Read 244 times)

Triexy

I going crazy with my roof problem
« on: October 22, 2024, 11:22:23 PM »
I'm getting really desperate for making roof tiles with Railclone, a standard roof is no problem. But I just can't get a roof like the one in picture 1. See red marked area, is missing also with this tower roof number 2 I have my problems, as you can see it shifts the roof tiles and as a complete spline like on the left it does nothing at all only in individual parts, but there the already mentioned problems arise.

I hope someone can help me

Best regards and thanks in advance

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: I going crazy with my roof problem
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2024, 10:43:21 AM »
Hi,

Attached is a sample scene that demonstrates a possible workflow for this scenario. It utilizes X and Y Splines, with the Y Spline curved as desired, along with the Clipping area. I hope you find this helpful.

Best regards,

Triexy

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2024, 04:09:28 PM »
Really thx you helped me a lot, I tried it with a new spline it worked great as you can see in picture number 1 in the 2nd it ignores the clipping area and would like to know why it does that?

I attached the file too.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2024, 11:38:41 AM »
Applying the 'Reset XForm - Reset Selected' operation to used splines seems to fix it. I've attached a revised version of your scene.

Best regards,

Triexy

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2024, 02:19:06 PM »
I used your file and redone a spline with snapping at the object, so I should have no troubles with the scaling or whatever, and still troubles, I recorded my process maybe I am doing something wrong. https://streamable.com/fyn9bj  sry for the blurry graphics I hope its enough -.-

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2024, 01:34:34 PM »
That should work fine. Please feel free to upload your scene again. Have you tried drawing these lines in the Front or Left viewport? Also, does applying the previously mentioned 'Reset XForm - Reset Selected' operation make any difference?

Best regards,