Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Opening RailClone Pro scene without available license  (Read 7796 times)

GeraldW

Opening RailClone Pro scene without available license
« on: February 29, 2016, 08:22:58 PM »
Hello,

my company is planning to buy two RailClone network licenses. We got 4 workstations, but rarely everyone is working in 3ds max at the same time.
With Forest Pack, we only need an active license for editing the object. It will always show properly in the viewport. I think it is different with RC.

For testing purpose, I opened one of the tutorial scenes (seaside promenade) with the lite version of RC. As far as I can tell, if the RCP-object uses two or more arrays only one will be visible in the viewport.
Will it be the same if I open the scene with RCP installed, but with no available license?

Often we have to apply some small changes to a scene without editing the RC objects - for example inserting a car on a road. I imagine it would be a hassle if we don't see the road because it´s created with RCP.

Hope you can clarify this for me.

Thanks a lot.
Cheers, Gerald
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 09:05:48 AM by Paul Roberts »

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: Opening RailClone Pro scene without available license
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 01:47:32 PM »
Hi Gerald,

Yes, it'll be visible (the same Display mode as set-up with license will be used). Both of our plug-ins behaves in the same way. Even without license, the RC object will be fully visible, but "locked" for editing.

When the "Lite" version is installed, it has its own limitations (as three Segments and one 1D arrays or 2D arrays Generator and so on), therefore the object may appear incomplete. Let me add, that's not recommendable to edit any "Pro" object with the "Lite" version as critical data may be lost when saved. Having the "Pro" version installed you'll not face this behaviour even without license.

Best regards,

GeraldW

Re: Opening RailClone Pro scene without available license
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 02:15:05 PM »
Hey Michal

Thank you for your reply. Sounds great, no more reason not to buy :)

br Gerald