Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: mirror segment halfway along spline  (Read 2671 times)

danielmn

mirror segment halfway along spline
« on: November 14, 2020, 06:00:09 PM »
Hey guys
so I have the sign truss Rail Clone I am working on. 

I need this diagonal piece, that I have spaced evenly to flip/mirror its direction halfway along the spline.
Attached is an image of the RC I made so far.
The pink object is how I would like it to work.

The answer might be to have the user add a third vert in the middle and change the mat id and switch out to the reverse style.  But Id rather keep it simple for the user if at all possible.

And I included the segments that I am using to make the RC. 
The spline is only ever meant to have two vertices and at the end and the beginning.  The post is created at these points, but in between are the diagonal segments.

Thanks

Dragan

Re: mirror segment halfway along spline
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 06:48:18 PM »
Hi
I can say on behalf of Itoo, in Lite Section Forum only generic support is provided, including questions about general features, technical specifications, and licensing.
So consider upgrading to RailClonePro, both RC4 & support is the best on the market  ;).

I can only help you with some suggestion image.

Best Regards
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 07:05:05 PM by Dragan »

danielmn

Re: mirror segment halfway along spline
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 10:11:33 PM »
Thank you,
this does take me in the correct direction.  Yes, I do a full version of Rail Clone, but as is with corporate life, the license login is tied to a corporate account.  I only use the floating license and am working on getting the right credentials from our Itoo account manager to post in the full version area.  Thank you this should take me into the correct direciton.