Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Display correct materials in viewport? [RC-Pro]  (Read 2404 times)

JPJAPERS

Display correct materials in viewport? [RC-Pro]
« on: November 13, 2020, 04:56:27 PM »
Im using railclone to build paving from 3d scanned bricks. Each model is different and has its own material.
Ive assigned a multisub to the geometry and it renders fine. However there seems to be no way that i can see the object distribution of the different colors in the viewport?
Is there a way i can change this? Im trying to build some patterns but without constantly interactive rendering i cant do this easily.

Thanks

P.S. Railclone pro user on a floating license in my workplace. The restriction on the help forums for commercial users using floating licenses is really irritating.

Dragan

Re: Display correct materials in viewport? [RC-Pro]
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2020, 05:25:45 PM »
Check display mode and make sure it is set to Mesh or in some cases Boxes, Quick Mesh still has problems with maps.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 05:30:59 PM by Dragan »

JPJAPERS

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2020, 05:37:54 PM »
Check display mode and make sure it is set to Mesh or in some cases Boxes, Quick Mesh still has problems with maps.

I was hoping that wouldnt be the only way as the objects im using are scanned geometry and are quite high poly so viewport performance slows to a crawl. It works with quick mesh and mesh but not boxes for me.

Rokas

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2020, 01:32:43 PM »
Hi

first of all You can create *PRO* level forum accounts from the Panel > Forum Accounts, or link to existing ones. A maximum of 3 forum accounts is permitted.
If you require more or need assistance, please contact us.

Anyway, I would advice adding ProPptimizer modifier on Your segments with KeepTextures option in viewport only mode:

« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 01:34:14 PM by Rokas »
Rokas