Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: No Size or Spline on X  (Read 127 times)

ss

No Size or Spline on X
« on: May 02, 2024, 12:18:41 PM »
When I tried to use 'Rail Clone Pro 5.2.2,' it didn't work and the message has appeared.
In 'Style' rollout just below the 'Open Style Editor' row of buttons, I have "No Size or Spline on X" in RED.
Are there any solutions?

I use 3dsMax 2020.

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: No Size or Spline on X
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 12:27:05 PM »
Hi,

Based on the warning message, there is no spline wired to the Spline / X Spline input. Alternatively, you can enter a value in the X Size parameter of the used Linear 1S / Array 2S Generator. I hope that helps.

Best regards,

ss

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 12:47:54 PM »
Hi,

Thank you for your help.
I have already wired path curb to Spline input. But, I can't enter the value of X Size, because the window has turned gray...(I attached a screenshot.)

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2024, 02:07:14 PM »
Once you link the Spline node, the X Size parameter isn't available (because it's taking it from the wired spline). Please double-check that you've selected the spline from the scene - its name should appear in the Spline > Object button in the Style Editor / under Base Objects > Spline in the UI. If so, it might be that there's some problem with the path. I would suggest you assign another path to see if there's any difference and check what might be wrong with the one you're currently using.

Best regards,

ss

« Reply #4 on: Today at 04:19:47 AM »
Though I tried to assign another path, the situation didn't go well.
The X Size paramator has still turned gray...