Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: RailClone Lite/Pro suggestions  (Read 8336 times)

harumscarum

RailClone Lite/Pro suggestions
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:18:30 PM »
i'm using RC very intense so would be great to improve its usability even more

here is my suggestions:

interface - these two options are very much speeded up the workflow
1. macroscript for RC
2. select spline for RC automatically if any spline was selected when RC is created

workflow:
3. adaptive justify mode for Evenly distribution to get all segments of same size.
    - for example spline length is 50.0m  and segment is 13.0m - so it must be little bit longer or shorter to fit all length
    - also there is extra object with 0.0 length which is would be great to get rid of in case of adaptive distribution

illustration of solution:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 02:28:51 PM by harumscarum »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
Re: RailClone Lite/Pro suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »
1. macroscript for RC

Unfortunately the format of the next RC version will be much more complex than now. It would be very problematic to add support for Maxscript.

2. select spline for RC automatically if any spline was selected when RC is created

I think is not possible. Once Max creates a new object, there is no way to know what object was selected before.

3. adaptive justify mode for Evenly distribution to get all segments of same size.

A nice idea. It should not be difficult to add this functionality. Just added to the wishlist.

Thanks for sharing your ideas !

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software

harumscarum

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 05:12:19 PM »
Unfortunately the format of the next RC version will be much more complex than now. It would be very problematic to add support for Maxscript.
actually one simple macro to create RC from quadmenu will be enough )

I think is not possible. Once Max creates a new object, there is no way to know what object was selected before.
could be possible, i hope
for example MultiScatter on its creation make selected object as distribution one

thank you too! essential tool - even Lite version does huge work!
i have many suggestion since i working with RC a lot  - so maybe create overall thread for Suggestions (some of them could be part of lite and others of Pro version)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 09:47:02 PM by harumscarum »

iToo

• Administrator
    • iToo Software
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 09:00:23 AM »

Please, feel free to post all your suggestion and ideas. By now i prefer to create separe threads, to avoid keeping old posts in a sticky thread.

Carlos Quintero
iToo Software