Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: To tile a dome. ¿Possible?  (Read 7305 times)

Alumno51

To tile a dome. ¿Possible?
« on: March 21, 2017, 02:20:51 PM »
Hello everybody,

Last week I took a 3D course and the teacher, in his spare time, taught me RailClone Pro. He explained to me the basics and I want to acquire the pro license since, however I want to solve a doubt before (as my teacher couldn’t answer me). Can you help me?

Would RailClone help me making a curved dome ceiling? I’ve tryed to create it from the oficial document called “slate_tiles”, creating a circular spline and a fourth segment. Then, the dome-shaped ceiling is formed but the tiles collapse and it’s imposible to me to avoid it. I guess I am doing something wrong. My question is, can I make circular roofs with RailClone? I can’t find the way… If I us one model as terrain i loose the control.

On the other hand, I have to say that it seems to me a very powerful software, however it’s difficult to me to exploit it to the maximum.

Regads and thank you,

PD: Sorry for my bad english

Michal Karmazín

• iToo Software
Re: To tile a dome. ¿Possible?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 04:23:35 PM »
Hi,

I would suggest you to check following "tiles on round roof shapes with railclone lite or pro?" post, where you can also find attached sample scene. As mentioned there: "... the circle is in the X Spline input and the roof profile is in the Y Spline Input. The profile itself should be drawn on the spline object's local X/Y Axis - Z is ignored. "

Also you might find the "Interesting structure , help needed :)" thread helpful. There you can find another example.

Let me add, that the Curve Steps value needs to be increased to get better results. Hope that helps.

Best regards,

Alumno51

Re: To tile a dome. ¿Possible?
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 05:09:26 PM »
Wow Michal, it's amazing to count with your help. I am very grateful. Now I want to try it!

The only point is that I can't found the attached file.

Thank you for your time,

Alumno51

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 05:47:55 PM by Alumno51 »