Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: Tapered fence over an arced bridge (RC pro 3.08)  (Read 5367 times)

ElwBF

Tapered fence over an arced bridge (RC pro 3.08)
« on: August 28, 2018, 09:56:22 AM »
Hello,

I am making a fence that is supposed to go over a bridge.
the design of this fence is that of a Handrail and a lower bar with a wire spun between the two.
the bridge tapers down towards either ends of the bridge.
see image:

the way I have made it now is that it uses 2 splines: a top spline with the handrail, the wires and the posts with a Arithmetic Return XSplineCoords.z-Input1; expression to scale the wire and the posts down on the tapered ends - a distance of 8 to make it not hit the floor.
it works good on a flat surface

Problem is that since this fence goes over an arced bridge the posts and the wire both stick out under the bridge by going down to z 8
So what I need is either making it so I can limit the length of the wire and the posts to that of a bottom spline or to a maximum length of 110cm.
I hope my post makes sense.

I hope you can help me out since I am kind of stuck atm.

Regards,
Elwin

Rokas

Re: Tapered fence over an arced bridge (RC pro 3.08)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 02:15:54 PM »
In any case, we cannot provide support in this forum. You should use an account with permissions to the Forest Pro forum. Thanks for your understanding.
You can set up Your accounts permissions in user panel

And once You create a topic in pro board, please include max file- it helps us to understand Your current style better.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 05:09:53 PM by iToo »
Rokas