Itoo Software Forum

Author Topic: 'Free object' for roof tile elements with clipping?  (Read 1469 times)

Adam86

'Free object' for roof tile elements with clipping?
« on: November 13, 2018, 09:23:41 AM »
Hi, it's been a while since I've posted about this so just wanted to see if this is something that is coming soon? Right now if I create a railclone using the 'free object' button checked this works fine for some railclones but not for when I use my roof tile preset. I think this is because the clipping splines do not get updated? Pics below..

Rokas

Re: 'Free object' for roof tile elements with clipping?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 09:43:11 AM »
Does it help for You if You add "Edit Poly"  modifier on top of Your Spline object?
Rokas

Adam86

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 10:58:04 AM »
Hi Rokas, it makes the tiles more complete in one sense but in other areas it is completely wrong, flips the meshes and moves the whole thing..

Rokas

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 11:03:55 AM »
It would probably work if it was separate RailClone objects per 1 roof plane.
Rokas

Adam86

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 12:03:52 PM »
thanks, Understood I will give this a go but is this not defeating the purpose of making things easy and quick to accomplish? is it because of the way I have created the rail-clone preset or is this just the way rail-clone operates?

Rokas

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2018, 12:57:06 PM »
It is how RC works. I will add this to our "improve" list.
Can You please upload a max file for reference what is not working.
Rokas

Adam86

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2018, 05:42:05 PM »
I will add the file soon. the reason why I need this is because i may have 70 houses, but made up of 8 types. it would make sense for me to Xref each house several times. this works fine until I try to 'flip' or 'hand' the house to the opposite side, this then makes all the objects go funny, flip and not display correctly. my only current choice, and it is what I am actually doing is unfortunately collapsing to mesh, which of course then increases memory requirements and file handling reduces.